About

St. Mary's Square

St. Mary’s SquareSt. Mary’s Square
125 Edward Street
Buffalo, NY 14201
716/882-1235

Once home of St. Mary’s School for the Deaf, St. Mary’s Square offers Downtown inhabitants a variety of floor plans. Originally built in 1862, the building underwent several additions through 1880, when it took on its current appearance and size. The building was converted to rental housing when the St. Mary’s school moved to Main Street, and then to condominiums in the early 1980s. Designed in the Italianate style with Federal details, the building features three pavilion sections with hipped roofs and flat-headed six-over-eight light windows with stone lintels and sills. Located on the fringe of Downtown, these condominium units offer another option for owner occupancy.