Downtown Buffalo has rich and diverse demographic information. Buffalo has a skilled workforce of more than 58,000 and offers 3.2 million square feet of Class A office space as well as a vast array of amenities and resources. Downtown Buffalo truly is the center of the Western New York region. For more detailed information about Downtown Buffalo Demographics, see the Award-Winning Queen City Hub Plan.
Downtown Buffalo - Is the center of Buffalo Niagara region which is home to more than 1.17 million people. - Has a skilled workforce of more than 58,000 workers.
For a copy of the 2008 Buffalo Place Inc. Pedestrian Study - click here.
- Features more than 3.2 million square feet of Class A office space, which rents for between $19.00 - $33.00 a foot.
- There is an additional 3.1 million square feet of Class B office space renting for between $14.00 - $17.00.
- Class B office space is available in a variety of formats from new loft offices to buildings on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Is home to more than 1,100 businesses.
- Is situated along a major North American fiber optic network making its location ideal for high tech / computer companies.
- Is within 15 minutes of the Buffalo Niagara International Airport which has more than 100 flights daily.
- Features an Amtrak station that serves three passenger routes.
- Accommodates more than 42,000 passenger vehicles daily on two expressways.
- Is the hub of the local transit network. Serviced by 34 bus routes and a light rail line, 22,000 passengers are transported each day.
- Features more than 18,000 commercial parking spaces with an average monthly rental cost of $63.
- Home to more than 3,300 people living in a wide variety of housing stock. With residents in waterfront condos, loft apartments, single-family homes and traditional apartment buildings.
- Has a population of more than 120,000 residents within three miles.
- Is experiencing a significant growth in the demand and supply of housing within the Downtown core.
- Home to the City Campus of Erie Community College which has 2,400 students enrolled.
- Is a short transit ride from the more than 40,000 students attending local colleges and universities.
- Is home to 8 live theaters, a cinema, galleries and significant architectural sites.
- Is reconstructing the historic terminus of the Erie Canal creating a significant regional and national tourism destination.
- Has more than 1,500 hotel rooms within a ten minute walk of the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center.
- Attracts 7 million visitors annually to sporting events, festivals, concerts, theatres and tradeshows.
- Features more than 60 restaurants and bars, catering to all culinary tastes.
- Home to more than 50 retail stores, including a significant concentration of upscale retail jewelers.
- In 2006, New Era Cap Company moved their corporate headquarters into the former Federal Reserve Bank building on Delaware Avenue. Investing $15 million to transform the building to accommodate their 285 employees is a positive sign for Downtown Buffalo. The building also houses a beautiful retail store showcasing more than 100 of their most popular caps.