Buffalo Place Rocks Canalside
- June 28
- Counting Crows and The Wallflowers with special guest Willie NileTickets are $16.00 in advance and $20.00 the day of the show - click here to purchase! Known for their passionate and energetic live shows, the Counting Crows will kick-off the 15th Annual Buffalo Place Rocks Canal side Concert Series. After exploding onto the music scene with their first hit single, “Mr. Jones,” the band has continued their success with hits such as “Round Here” and “Hangingaround.” Joining the Counting Crows will be Grammy Award winners, The Wallflowers. Having played with Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp and Tom Petty, The Wallflowers perfectly capture the essence of the rock scene from the late nineties. Join Counting Crows and The Wallflowers as they rock Canalside and you may even fall accidentally in love. www.countingcrows.com www.thewallflowers.com
- June 29
- KemTickets are $15.00 in advance and $20.00 the day of the show - click here to purchase! Known as the soul singer that has mixed jazz with R&B, Grammy nominee Kem will bring his classical Motown style to Canalside. With hits like, “I Can’t Stop Loving You” and “You Might Win” this contemporary urban artist has maintained his stature as a leading man in the world of R&B music. Singing with spirituality and power, Kem will rock the first weekend of concerts at the Harbor on June 29th! www.musicbykem.com
- July 26
- The Wailers with special guest Giant Panda Guerilla Dub SquadFree Show! Following the death of lead singer Bob Marley, The Wailers have continued to evolve and bring the reggae sounds of Jamaica around the world. Having sold in excess of 250 million albums worldwide, The Wailers have combined their old school heartbeat rhythms with today’s indisputable sounds to help relive the past for young and old alike. With charismatic new singer, Koolant, the band brings their own personal expression to the original songs of Marley, spreading the popularity of the “one-drop” reggae sound. Join The Wailers as they make history once more on Buffalo’s waterfront. http://wailers.com http://livepanda.com
- July 27
- Bell Biv DevoeFree Show! Recoginzed as pioneers of contemporary R&B acts, Bell Biv Devoe have mixed the beats of hip-hop, funk, soul and pop through the years. With a platinum album and hit single, “Poison” topping the charts in 1990, these childhood friends from Boston have forged a path for groups such as Boyz 2 Men and New Kidz on the Block. Fusing old and new R&B, this will be a night you will not want to miss, as Bell Biv Devoe rocks Canalside on July 27th! www.bellbivdevoe.com
- Aug. 30
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo with special guest Eric Burdon Tickets are $15.00 in advance and $20.00 the day of the show - click here to purchase! After a knockout performance in Lafayette Square in 2001, Pat Benatar is back and ready to rock Buffalo. Her multi-platinum albums, songs “Love is a Battlefield,” “Hit Me with Your Best Shot” and “Heartbreaker” is as unforgettable now as they were when Benatar emerged, paving a path for female rock stars around the world. Alongside husband Neil Giraldo, this rock-n-roll powerhouse has truly become invincible to audiences around the world. Mark your calendar for this Grammy Award winning Benatar, as she rocks Canalside on August 30th. Special guest Eric Burdon will open this evening at the Harbor. These psychedelic rockers have combined electric blues with old school rock, becoming a leading band of the British invasion. This will not be a night you will not want to miss as these rockers take the stage. See you there! www.benatargiraldo.com
And don't forget - you can purchase your Buffalo Place Rocks Canalside tickets with no services charges at the Buffalo Place Box Office, located at 671 Main Street in Downtown Buffalo, Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.! Shows will run from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
No coolers, cans, bottles or outside concessions are permitted. No bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards or live animals. No video, still or digital cameras. No digital or audio recording devices. All backpacks, personal bags, buggies and wagons are subject to inspection. Food and beverages will be available for purchase - cash only. Thank you for your cooperation.